Savings Bond Calculator
Find what your bond is worth today
- Click the 'Get Started' Link above or the button at the bottom of this page to open the Calculator.
- Once open, choose the series and denomination of your bond from the series and denomination drop down boxes.
- Enter the issue date that is printed on the bond.
Note: Enter two digit months (e.g. 01, 12) and four-digit years (e.g. 1985 or 2001).
- Click the 'Add' button.
To build an inventory of bonds:
- Repeat the above process for each of your bonds.
- The calculator will add each new bond to the top of your inventory listing.
To find what your bonds are worth in other months:
If you'd like to see what your bonds were worth in the past or will be worth in the near future
- Change the 'Value as of' date at the top of the calculator to the desired date
- Click 'Update'.
- Your inventory will update to show the values or your bonds as of the date you enter.
- The Calculator can currently show you what your bonds were worth from 01/1996 through the current rate period.
Not sure what data the Calculator is giving you?
If you have questions about any of the fields that are displayed, click 'Help' button at the top of the calculator. You'll be taken to our help area where you can find short descriptions of what you're seeing in those fields.
Want to save your inventory?
Now you can save your inventory so you can update your bond values quickly and easily. All you need to do is use your browser's built in saving function. Click 'File' and 'Save As' and name your inventory. Make sure that you save your file as an "HTML Only" file and click 'Save'. You've saved your file!
Do you report savings bond interest to the IRS every year as it accrues?
If you report interest annually, check out the calculator's YTD Interest feature. It reports the amount of interest your bonds have accrued from the start of a year through the date you enter in the "Value as of" section. Here's how you can use this feature to easily figure the amount of interest your bonds accrued in one calendar year:
- List the bonds you want to report annually.
- Enter December of the tax year in the 'Value as of' box. For example, if you want to find the interest your bonds accrued in 1999, enter 12/1999 in the 'Value as of' box.
- Find the value in the 'YTD Interest' box. That's the amount of interest your bonds accrued that year.